The Continental Forum Hotel is a 4 star hotel in Sibiu and a place that marked the end of the inn era in medieval and early modern hotel industry. The building, which is a silent witness to history the city had more than 5 names over time: “At Bila Gold” or “Avenue”, “Habermann” , “Europe” and the name today: “Continental Forum” .
In 1853 , it was inaugurated on the first floor of the hotel ” The Golden Ball” the first telegraph in the city. Then we find the same hotel as “Habermann” . It develops a new wing and will be renamed the “Avenue” .
In 1914 , the Orthodox Church took over the building and remodeled it by building a third annex, prolonging the hotel to the intersection of streets Saguna and Bălcescu.
The new hotel will be called during the ` 30 -`40 , ” Europe”. During the communist times, it will be renamed “Avenue”, a name which will keep until 2007, when it was took over by the international chain Continental Hotels and becomes the 4 star hotel in Sibiu”Continental Forum”.
Continental Forum Hotel building is impressive classicist , but suffered major changes. We know that the Habermann House was built between 1876 – 1877, being seated on Bretter , which at that time was the largest promenade with pedestrian traffic of the city.